The discussion today over whether yoga for weight loss really works, and how it has been discussed for many years. Yoga is a peaceful way to put you in touch with your body the way nothing else can,
Yoga is very low impact – in evaluation to many aerobic exercises, and can be practiced for durability. Your knees, backbone, hips, and shoulders, will thanks for the situation Yoga will keep them in. Lots of today’s standard ways of exercising now not have the equal bragging rights, as Yoga.
Because yoga is not fast-paced enough to burn calories required for weight loss. Many people swear by yoga and say it’s an effective way to lose weight.
Though it may not look the same as calorie-burning, sweaty workout with a cardio dancing routine. Don’t let that fool you with, deep breathing and slow poses because doctors and training experts say it can seriously trim your waistline and tone your body.
So take in what the experts say about how to do yoga for weight loss, and get ready to lose those pounds.
Can you lose weight by doing yoga?
Yes, using yoga for weight loss might not look effective to most people, if you would mention it to someone in conversation, I bet you they’ll go: Oh it’s just stretching… What can it possibly do to burn calories?” Yoga can work for weight loss if you use it right and I’ll tell you what to do.
But how exactly can yoga work for weight loss Karen it’s just stretching! Boy O Boy, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that comment. Well for interested parties, yoga as an option for weight loss is wise, safe and effective.
Exercising with yoga can assist in muscle toning and help with your metabolism. Remember, it is the oldest physical culture known to man and not only does this exercise work the body, it works the mind and soul as well. Many studies recognize that yoga works in many ways to bring you a healthy weight.
Okay, here are the poses I recommend you use when doing Yoga for weight loss. Now my friends, I will go over what I believe is the core of Yoga Poses. Trust me, there have been times when I did this alone and still got the benefits that yoga gives from daily practice.
Let’s take notes
The Sun Salutations When using Yoga for Weight Loss. These exercises are a combination of Yoga Poses, Breathing Exercises, Sun Bathing and Prayer. They have been practiced for centuries by Yoga Practitioners in India, Martial Artists and as a system to regenerate the body and soul are beyond compare. It’s been said in the Healing circles that one round of the Sun Salutations is much better than a week of exercises at the gym!
They are very simple to learn and just about anyone, regardless of their fitness or flexibility levels can learn these simple exercises. In actuality, if you are familiar with “burpies” (the calisthenics exercise), they do derive their origin from the Sun Salutations.
Here are some of their benefits
They alleviate disorders of the skin and waist. Flexibility increases and breathing is corrected, they gently stretch the legs and arms while increasing the circulation. It is the best way to burn calories and reduce weight and are often recommended for obesity and depression.
They are an effective way of loosening up, stretching and massaging all joints and internal organs of the body. They stimulate and balance all the systems of the body including the endocrine, circulatory, reproductive and digestive system.
1. Stand straight with the palms together as in a prayer position.
2. Inhale and stretch the arms above the head.
3. Exhale and bend forward while touching the toes.
4. Inhale and stretch the right leg away from the body in a big backward step and keep the hands and left foot firmly on the ground. Bending the head backward the left knee should be between the hands.
5. Inhale and hold the breath. Move the left leg from the body and, keeping both feet together and the knees of the floor, rest on the hands (arms straight) and keep the body in a straight line from head to foot
6. Exhale and lower the body to the floor. In this position, only 8 portions of the body come in contact with the floor: the two feet, two knees, two hands, chest and forehead.
7. Inhale and bend back as much as possible bending the spine to the maximum.
8. Exhale and lift the body of the floor. Keep the feet and heels on the floor.
9. Inhale and bring the right foot along the level of the hands; left foot and knee should touch the ground. Look up, bending the spine slightly (same position as #4)
10. Exhale and bring the left leg forward. Keep the knees straight and bring the head down to the knees as in the third position.
11. Raise the arms overhead and bend backward inhaling. As in Position 2.
12. Exhale and drop the arms and relax.
CONGRATULATIONS: You have now completed one round.
Perform as many rounds as possible in multiples of 3. Ideally you want to aim for 6 rounds minimum and up to a maximum of 30. It only takes about 5-10 minutes, depending on your speed and intensity and is best practiced with as little clothing as possible, before you begin open a window first thing in the morning if possible.
Okay, we’ve gone over the core pose or combination there of when using Yoga for weight loss in this part of the series of this article. I’ll go over SPECIFIC poses (asanas) that will target the trouble spots and some breathing exercises that would speed up burning up of calories.
Please note, when I say use yoga for weight loss; I mean ALL its limbs: the poses, the prescribed diet for practice and mind-set. If you were doing conventional exercise for weight loss, you’d know to eat a healthier diet right? Well the same applies to yoga for weight loss as well.
Let’s Talk About Diet
Take the time to identify hunger and cravings. You will notice that they are not the same thing. If you are a chocolate lover, it is much better to eat a piece of chocolate, now and then, than to buy a dozen chocolate donuts. This is not to justify, or surrender, to chocolate, but to eat it in moderation, and not every day.
It is important to be in the best shape you can be it is also connected to positive thinking. I recommend to use self-improvement sources to keep you on the right track toward optimum health.
Click Here To Create Your Personal Yoga Class
If you have any questions, or in need of help please leave them in the comments below, Thank You
If you would like certain poses please leave in comments below.